The Final EIR was released by MTC in early July 2018 and can be found on the MTC web site: https://mtc.ca.gov/our-work/plans-projects/recreation-open-space/gateway-park
We would like to point you to several additions and changes that we were able to achieve in the FEIR and Responses to Comments
- Vol. 1: Response to Comments
- Chapter 3, Master Response No. 1 concerns Kiteboarding
- Chapter 3, Individual responses includes responses to each comment letter, but most of the responses on kiteboarding refer back to the Master Response.
- Vol. 2: Revised Draft EIR
- Chapter 2
- “Passive Recreation” Page 2-1: Footnote shows new definition of “passive” recreation which now includes kiteboarding among other non-motorized activity.
- Existing Setting: Page 2-2 – added mention of frequent use of Radio Beach by kiteboarders
- Fence: Table 2-1, pg. 2-17 changed to limit fencing to 4 feet and non-mesh, clarified fence is east of Radio Beach (e.g. along the access road - see Figure 2-5 on P. 2-16)
- Radio Beach, Section 2.5.4, p. 2-25 – added description of existing activity, and clarified informal parking to continue as at present.
- Fencing: P. 2-27, Section 22.214.171.124 – changed to note location east of Radio Beach, 4 foot limit, not use chain or mesh, and coordination with kiteboarders for final design
- Section 3.9, Recreation
- Existing Setting, P. 3.9-13, Section 126.96.36.199 – Addition of existing setting about kiteboarding at Radio Beach.
- Impact LU-3, P. 3.9-28: Addition of new language about kiteboarding continuing, continuing existing parking opportunity, and design of fencing to minimize potential conflicts with kiteboarding.
- Chapter 2